- RSS Channel Showcase 8276093
- RSS Channel Showcase 3636048
- RSS Channel Showcase 2553122
- RSS Channel Showcase 5779889
Articles on this Page
- 03/23/12--13:49: _What to do this wee...
- 02/23/13--22:01: _I have seen the bul...
- 06/28/16--11:00: _Saskatchewan Premie...
- 08/22/16--05:00: _Elizabeth Fry Socie...
- 09/29/16--11:21: _Jail for man who lu...
- 02/14/17--15:37: _Saskatchewan man fo...
- 04/18/17--14:50: _Campaign reaches go...
- 12/15/17--04:00: _Gormley: It's time ...
- 01/06/18--06:00: _Letters to the edit...
- 01/12/18--08:00: _Letter of the Day: ...
- 01/18/18--04:00: _Letters to the edit...
- 01/18/18--15:21: _Letter of the Day: ...
- 01/18/18--16:30: _Appeal decision pen...
- 04/07/18--06:00: _Letters to the edit...
- 04/10/18--09:03: _Letter of the Day: ...
- 04/18/18--04:00: _Fuller: Remember wh...
- 06/09/18--09:05: _Video shows inciden...
- 03/23/12--13:49: What to do this weekend, Facebook edition
- 02/23/13--22:01: I have seen the bullies and they are us
- 08/22/16--05:00: Elizabeth Fry Society seeks clothing for newly released women
- 09/29/16--11:21: Jail for man who lured young girl on Facebook
- 12/15/17--04:00: Gormley: It's time to rein in our use of social media
- 01/06/18--06:00: Letters to the editor, January 6, 2018
- 01/12/18--08:00: Letter of the Day: Social media taking us away from reality
- 01/18/18--04:00: Letters to the editor, January 18, 2018
- 04/07/18--06:00: Letters to the editor April 7, 2018
- 04/10/18--09:03: Letter of the Day: Just how personal does Facebook get?
This Friday I turned to Facebook and Twitter to find out what people are doing this weekend in Saskatoon. While I didn’t add watching Hunger Games and hosting a party for 12 two-year-olds and 20 parents to the master list, …
Bullies are bad. We’ve always known this. We all agree on it. Bullies hurt people who don’t deserve it. This is unacceptable.
There was a time when you had to put up with bullies. They were inevitable, like elections or …
REGINA — Saskatchewan Premier Brad Wall is publicly selling one of his prized cars. An ad was recently posted on Wall’s Facebook page asking $19,000 for his 1967 Dodge Coronet. Wall writes that he loves the car but has to let it go because he’s got his eye on another ride. The premier is known for his […]
car brad wallthecanadianpress
Tamara Delorme was wearing shorts and sandals when she was arrested last August, so when she was released from Pine Grove women's jail in February, the only clothes she had were the institutional grey sweat pants and sweat shirt she'd worn inside.
Ed.’s Note: Contents may be disturbing to some readers. A 36-year-old man who sent a photo of his penis to a 13-year-old girl on Facebook has been sentenced to 15 months in jail. Robert Hawkins pleaded guilty to luring a child by using a computer to facilitate the commission of a crime between April and June 2014. Hawkins […]
A Saskatchewan man has been found guilty of uttering threats against Prime Minister Justin Trudeau.
What was intended largely as a gesture of support has now helped rescue a Saskatchewan nurse from financial peril over a post on her personal Facebook page about her grandfather’s care. In less than two weeks, a fundraising campaign surpassed its $26,000 target to allow Saskatchewan nurse Carolyn Strom to pay penalties levied by the Saskatchewan Registered Nurses Association for […]
“We have created tools that are ripping apart the social fabric of how society works. The short-term, dopamine-driven feedback loops that we have created are destroying how society works: no civil discourse, no cooperation; misinformation, mistruth. This is a global problem. “We curate our lives around this perceived sense of perfection, because we get rewarded […]
Treaty to prohibit nuclear weapons gaining support On Dec. 10 the Nobel Peace Prize for 2017 was awarded to the International Campaign to Abolish Nuclear Weapons in recognition of its work on the historic UN Treaty to Prohibit Nuclear Weapons. The award was accepted by ICAN’s executive director, Beatrice Fihn, and Hiroshima bomb survivor Setsuko […]
As one who frequently uses social media as a means of connecting with my far flung friends and family around the world, I enjoyed reading “It’s time to rein in our use of social media” (SP, Dec. 15). I agree that we live in an era of instant gratification which may include the desire for […]
Why everyone should care about the Strom appeal hearing On Jan. 18, 2018, Nurse Carolyn Strom will appear before the court to appeal the Saskatchewan Registered Nurses Association’s (SRNA) decision that found her guilty of professional misconduct. In 2015, Strom posted a comment on her personal Facebook page about the subpar end-of-life care her grandfather […]
1207 edit editorialjbennettstarphoenix
On Jan. 18, 2018, Nurse Carolyn Strom will appear before the court to appeal the Saskatchewan Registered Nurses Association’s (SRNA) decision that found her guilty of professional misconduct. In 2015, Strom posted a comment on her personal Facebook page about the subpar end-of-life care her grandfather received, a post the SRNA considered to be in […]
In the 15 months since Saskatchewan nurse Carolyn Strom was found guilty of professional misconduct for writing on Facebook about her grandfather’s “subpar” health care experience, there has been “a weight” on all health professionals in the province, says Strom’s lawyer. “There’s a bit of fear that, ‘Maybe I shouldn’t say that; maybe I can’t […]
Cost of new arena complex Here we go again. Shades of the Remai Modern cost narrative. Some movers and shakers have begun talking up the need for a new arena and convention centre with a price tag of “between $330 million and $375 million” (SP, March 21). In this city, that pretty much means it’ll […]
People are really upset about how Facebook is distributing your personal information. I’m sure Facebook has been doing this for some time. How many times have you looked something up then days later you were bombarded with ads for similar products? I wanted to buy a Ford Escort and you wouldn’t believe the kind of […]
"Wisely, I don’t invest in individual stocks. That’s too risky. Rather, I let mutual fund managers use their expertise and investment acumen to lose my money for me," says Cam Fuller
A video posted on Facebook shows an argument between a Saskatoon taxi driver and a passenger that resulted in the driver being charged with assault
Screen Shot 2018-06-09 at 10.02.56 AMmaolsonpostmedia